Welcome to St Leonard's Heath and Reach VA Lower School's website. The purpose of this website is to give a summary of our school, the curriculum and its achievements. We are a friendly, happy school, where each child is treated as an individual and can become a confident, well rounded member of our village and wider community. We are proud that we can maintain this family atmosphere whilst achieving excellent standards across all year groups.
The school was founded by the Church of England in 1846 to provide an education of the highest quality, within the context of Christian belief and practice and we seek to continue this aim in our modern, purpose built school set in beautiful grounds adjoining Stockgrove Country Park.
We look forward to welcoming you to our popular village school.
Miss Sarah Vincent
In 1876 the infant and junior departments were amalgamated, there were 84 children in the infants and 100 children in the junior department. It became a lower school in 1978 and in 1992 a replacement school was built in Thrift Road and the school was renamed St Leonard's, Heath & Reach, VA Lower School.
It is situated on a three acre site that includes mature woodland. The school has four classrooms including an extended unit for the youngest children.
We are an eco-friendly school and in 2009 we became one of the first schools in Bedfordshire to install solar panels and generate our own electricity.
As a small village school we are able to offer a happy, relaxed family atmosphere whilst maintaining high standards in teaching and learning. Links with the community are important to us and we participate in village events and welcome visitors to the school.
We aim to ensure that all children achieve their potential and develop a lifelong love of learning by: