More able, gifted and talented pupils
Which pupils are involved?
- Children who have an ability/talent within one or more areas of the curriculum but not necessarily in all (more able, gifted or talented).
- Top 5-10% pupils academically in reading, writing and maths (more able).
- Children with a particular ability in art, music, sport or the performing arts (talented).
- Children working at a standard significantly above that which is expected in their
current year group (gifted).
What do we do for these children at St Leonard's Lower?
- Identify the able, gifted and talented pupils in school and add them to a register.
- Support their class teachers to set individual targets and support (where appropriate).
- Closely monitor their progress through meetings every half term.
- Closely monitor provision for these children to ensure that they continue to make
- Explore opportunities for broadening their learning experiences in and out of class.
- Involve parents by sharing targets and provision (where appropriate).