At St Leonard’s Lower school, we believe that all children whatever their abilities and capabilities have the right to receive a broad, balanced, relevant, exciting and inspiring education which provides progression, values difference and diversity and promotes community cohesion and tolerance in 21st century Britain. Everything we do is therefore rooted in our values based approach to education.
Our Curriculum Aims
- To cater for the needs of all children irrespective of gender, ethnic or social group, or ability
- To facilitate children’s ability to acquire knowledge, skills and qualities which help them to develop intellectually, emotionally, socially, morally, physically and spiritually
- To enable all of our pupils to become independent, responsible, tolerant, open minded thinking, confident and considerate members of the community
- To create and maintain a stimulating and creative learning environment
- To ensure each child’s education provides continuity and progression
- To ensure all tasks are matched to a pupil’s needs and capabilities
- To treat all children with dignity and respect
- To ensure all of our children are happy, secure and enjoy their learning
- To develop a growth mindset for each child which encourages resilience, determination and perseverance
- To recognise the crucial role of parents and make every effort to involve them in the educational process
- To provide a broad and balanced thematic curriculum to stimulate, engage and inspire our pupils to find out more
- To develop the spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding of each child to ensure that our pupils are well prepared for life in modern Britain.